Saturday, July 28, 2007

I've Been Working Too Long

I have been working non-stop to the point I don't know what day it is. I showed up at the marble counter this morning thinking I was on time. But there was no supervisor or superJenn.

Of course, I flipped out. And, nobody goes nuts like I do. I immediately thought I missed the memo about the place being fumigated and any minute, men in white haz-mat suits were about to gas me to death. I frantically searched the office blog for new postings. Then, I checked the office schedule. Lo and behold, I was 30 minutes early. Ha Ha.

Unlike you lucky ones, I have no weekends. They're all weekdays to me. And, the marble counter doesn't open until 8:30 on this day devoted to Zeus' father.

But, all was not in vain. I met a gorgeous black man who illustrates children's books and also is a fine artist. I did him a favor (he looked lost). I'm sure he's not available. So fine, so talented and single? And, if he is single, then I'm sure he's an upstanding Baptist. And, that won't mix with my heathen ways.

Nobody sings the blues like I do, non?


No comments: