Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm lost in the supermarket...

I would like to thank The Clash for picking me up off the floor. I also have to thank that bag of Ritz Cheese Sandwich Snacks. And, I can't forget the woman who fluffed up my hot chocolate. I want to thank my mom for believing in me when others wouldn't. That's why I had the courage to add three packets of sugar, Domino's sugar, to my chocolate drink. Before long I was munching and bobbing while describing a night with Mahler...my train wasn't in vain.

Thank you, America! God bless the love of sugar and utterly unnatural orange food!

I now have a reason to visit Toronto. Toronto seemed like the most American-like city in Canada, and I don't know why I would obtain a passport to tour a place just like home. But! My hometown doesn't have an awesome hotel plugged into the art scene like Toronto has the Gladstone Hotel. The rooms are designed by artists; the bar looks amazing; and the history of the place deserves a cascade of snaps, y'all.

www.gladstonehotel.com


Check out the link above, and tell me you don't want to learn more about Toronto. Plus, FGN is from there. She actually might be from some dinky town way off the stake, but Toronto is something we all know.


I might be spending a month in New York during the summer. I'm applying to a program that immerses students in the New York art world. Lodging is at the 92nd St. Y, which is well known for its art and lecture programming. It would also necessitate me getting a cell phone. So, I might be leashed electronically by the New Year. iPhone or nothing, baby.




No comments: