Monday, September 3, 2007

"About Me" August 2007


I was the girl who always got to play with the boys no matter what the game or plan. I ran fast. I climbed fences. I caught balls and scored touchdowns. But, I wasn't a tomboy, there's a difference. I was good enough to ramble with the neighborhood boys, and girl enough to do it in pretty, starched sundresses. My hair ribbons match my frilly socks, but I punched and tackled like a defensive lineman. The place was Harrisburg, PA, and the time was the Disco and Shag Carpet Seventies. I remember Harrisburg as a green maze of slopes and curves. Blue mountains slip and slide into town making a straight-ahead view impossible. I have a permanent tip of the head from always craning to see around the corner and over the hill...(click on Wild & Wooly link in profile to read more)

No comments: